The Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guild

Website for The Guild on Kithicor Server of Everquest 2

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's your fav TV shows?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jayne
Has too much time on his/her hands
Jayne

What's your fav TV shows? Empty
PostSubject: What's your fav TV shows?   What's your fav TV shows? EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 5:24 pm

I'm always looking for new shows to tune into that are worth tuning into (considering there's so much crap on the boob tube these days).

What are you watching -- and loving?

Myself?

Mad Men - Absolutely brilliantly written show about Ad Execs on Madison Ave. in NYC during the late 1950s .. completely un-PC and often misogynistic, but compelling.

Dirt - Shame they cancelled this show, but you can rent it on DVD I believe -- another sharply written show, starring Courtney Cox, about a gossip rag editor and the extremes she goes to, to get her cover stories in Los Angeles. Lots of fantastic sub-plots and some surreal Twin Peaks stuff (her main paparazzi photog is schitzophrenic and you get to go on his "trips" with him, visually). Well worth renting.

Lost - I'm sure I'm not alone watching this show -- my god the plot twists. Can't wait for season premier.

Heroes - Another exceptionally well-written show. After each episode ends I'm left wanting more and can't wait till next week's episode. Again, I'm sure I'm not alone watching this, so won't give rundown on plot, etc.

So you think you can dance - Going on right now, I'm hopelessly addicted. It's an American Idol-contest kind of show, except for dancers -- with two dancers eliminated every week until there's only one left (there can be only one). Completely in awe of how exceptionally talented these dancers are with their jaw-dropping stunts and routines. Season finale is next week.

Dead like Me - They cancelled this show on HBO a while back, but there's rumour it's back in production. The premise is a young teen dies and comes back to a purgatory of sorts, where she's teamed up with five other should-be-dead people who are destined to roam the earth as reapers. Basically their job is to go out and take souls after they die .. but the storyline is complicated with sub-plots and twists. Another well-written show.

Chuck - Oh it's damn goofy, but I adore this show. Geeksquad team leader and goofball-awkward Chuck accidently absorbs an entire CIA database of information via an email from an ex-friend-turned-spy and now is being protected by CIA officials as he gets dragged into one spy adventure after another.

Reaper - Kid's parents sell his soul to the devil before he's born. Devil comes to collect, makes kid reap escaped souls from hell as repayment because the devil owns his ass -- hilarity ensues.

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - Y'know it sucks when they cancel GOOD shows and keep their copycats (that Tina Fey thingy on NBC - 30 Rock -- Studio 60 was on air first and imo infinitely superior). Another show that was brilliantly written, then cancelled. Matthew Perry did a very decent acting job on it.

Weeds - Intricate show about a drug dealing housewife. Just getting into it, but it seems pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Sylvaen
Postaholic
Postaholic
Sylvaen

PostSubject: Re: What's your fav TV shows?   What's your fav TV shows? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 1:51 am

CSI (The Original) - Can't believe they killed Warrick!

Criminal Minds - I like the whole profiling thing.

Stargate Atlantis - I like the whole concept behind the Stargate - the ancient are actually advanced aliens.

Ghosthunters - Who doesn't like ghosts? Yea, it may be fake but it's still entertaining

NCIS - Mark Harmon is still the man (and who doesn't like a smart Goth chick?)

Eureka - I work with Rocket Scientists and the idea of brilliant people without common sense sometimes reminds me of work Smile

Big Bang Theory - Hot Chick. And geeks I can relate to. What's not to love about this show?

Anything on the History and Discovery Channels - Anything dealing with the Dinosaurs, Space, Ancient Rome, or Ancient Battles and I'm not moving from the TV.
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Jayne

PostSubject: Re: What's your fav TV shows?   What's your fav TV shows? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 12:47 pm

Sylvaen wrote:
CSI (The Original) - Can't believe they killed Warrick!

Warrick got busted for drug possession in real life, so they had to axe him.
Back to top Go down
Embla
Postaholic
Postaholic
Embla

PostSubject: Re: What's your fav TV shows?   What's your fav TV shows? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 12:49 pm

OK....TV Shows now lol

Lost, Heroes, Farscape (Since it's death on Sci Fi, I now own the whole series Razz ), Babylon 5 (It's defunct now too but we still have the whole series), Big Bang Theory (yes, that show is hilarious--and reminds me of a few people I knew at college), John & Kate + 8, Ghosthunters (EVP's just freak me out man Razz ), America's Got Talent (someone really needs to shut David Hasselhoff up though...he'll always be a goon).

I'd say there might be others, but I don't watch tv that much anymore so can't think of any more.
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Jayne

PostSubject: Re: What's your fav TV shows?   What's your fav TV shows? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 12:58 pm

A friend of mine at work was raving about John and Kate + 8 ... Smile
Back to top Go down
Dorina
Postaholic
Postaholic

PostSubject: Shows   What's your fav TV shows? EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 6:30 pm

I watch very little TV.. but what I like(d):

ReGenesis: Canadian show on The Movie Channel and whatever the other HBO-type channel is.. I can't actually get it but I try to download it on torrents.. tho I am behind, I havent gotten any of season 4 yet. Its a biotech themed CSI type show.

Lost

Grey's Anatomy

The Bachelor (Bachelorette): I like train wrecks

Eli Stone
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's your fav TV shows?   What's your fav TV shows? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 11:25 pm

I love Dead Like Me also...Dena reminds me of Deloris Smile

I also love Heroes, The new Battlestar Galactica, Firefly was good, old reruns of The Cosby Show, It's a Different World...etc.

I also love to watch those crazy Japanese Game shows. Check this clip out! If this doesn't make you laugh you have issues...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpg3xM-niVw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your fav TV shows?   What's your fav TV shows? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's your fav TV shows?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Guild :: Insane ramblings of Guild members-
Jump to: