The Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guild

Website for The Guild on Kithicor Server of Everquest 2

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Vandenberg is famous for...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sylvaen
Postaholic
Postaholic
Sylvaen

What Vandenberg is famous for... Empty
PostSubject: What Vandenberg is famous for...   What Vandenberg is famous for... EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 2:40 am

Vandenberg Air Force Base is called 'Space Country' around the Air Force. It is one of the few bases that actually launches its missiles. In 2000, a month before I left the Air Force, I worked security for the 2nd 'Star Wars' test launch and was treated to a beautiful night time launch. The three Greenpeace protesters handcuffed in the back of the truck didn't think so, but to each his own. A missile launch is something that has always awed me. First you see the blinding flash, then you feel the rumble deep inside you, and finally you hear the blast. Most people get bored of them but I always loved watching them. Well, except at 2am when it wakes you up and you start praying it's not "The Big One". (For non-Californians, the Big One is what we call the earthquake that will supposedly make California an island).

So here's a quick clip of our most recent 'pop rocket' to go up, I just wish the Captain in it didn't look like such a doofus! I hope you all get the chance to see something similar - hopefully it won't be at the beginning of World War III. I only hope I can still see a Space Shuttle launch before they are retired Smile

http://www.vandenberg.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-080813-032.wmv
Back to top Go down
Embla
Postaholic
Postaholic
Embla

What Vandenberg is famous for... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Vandenberg is famous for...   What Vandenberg is famous for... EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 9:11 pm

That is pretty cool! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

What Vandenberg is famous for...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Guild :: Insane ramblings of Guild members-
Jump to: