The Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guild

Website for The Guild on Kithicor Server of Everquest 2

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ranger

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jayne
Has too much time on his/her hands
Has too much time on his/her hands
Jayne

Ranger Empty
PostSubject: Ranger   Ranger EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 4:27 am

Post your ranger advice here.
Back to top Go down
Shyrie
Quick Learner
Quick Learner

Ranger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranger   Ranger EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 3:44 am

zomg, ira where are you on this one?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
Daolong
Postaholic
Postaholic
Daolong

Ranger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranger   Ranger EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 5:05 am

The Ranger

This is going to be my WiP(work in progress)... as it's late right now, and I have work in the morning. Just a quick note.

Race
When choosing a race for your ranger, there are many things to consider. You might want to achieve a specific look, or maybe fulfill that hidden desire to be another Legolas...or xLegolas.. or even Leigoleass. Whatever your fancy, just make sure you choose a race that will ultimately meet the requirement for your style of gameplay. Let's look at a few choices:

• The Kerran: Powerful, agile, and moderately priced. Their racials are quite good for the ranger, and feature a stacking physical damage mitigation attack that scales in damage as you level. The racial for increased stealth speed is especially useful, since rangers' most powerful attack is from stealth (i.e. Sniper Shot). Also, the kerra heritage racials are quite nice, as they get Fletching bonuses. This is especially handy since the crafted arrows tend to be expensive and would be better off made yourself. Also, the arrows sell amazingly well on the market, so you can not only benefit from their usage but also for your bank account.
  • The Ratonga (my favorite): These small furry little beings seem to be made for the ranger class....but Dao.. ratonga are an evil race?! True. Yet, betrayal is an amazing thing these days. I found it well worth it to play as an assassin for a bit, start my worship of Rallos Zek (great melee/physical dmg buffs) and then betray. Keep the god, ditch the alignment! Ratonga racials are great for the ranger as well. Their Poisonous Bite is PERFECT if you go down the Nightshade(int) line, wherein if your target is poisoned you can use special attacks. So, why wait for your weapon to proc a poison? Just bite them and let loose. A Ratonga also gets the increased stealth speed, which is always a plus. Ratonga's also get an innate ability to attempt to steal money from their targets. This is a great thing over time... if you use it whenever it's up and the target is able to be robbed... over time you can actually collect a decent amount of money as you level (the skill is level based so more $$ as the target gets higher).
And so on. You will really have to read up on the race before picking, if you're planning on learning about your new ranger-to-be. I would go into it more, but I only have experience mainly with these two races... heh, more to come later on.

Stats
This space for rent.

Basics
This space for rent.

Strategies

This space for rent.

[/center]
Back to top Go down
StarkMadness
Quick Learner
Quick Learner
StarkMadness

Ranger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranger   Ranger EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 3:12 pm

Heya dude. I thought I heard somewhere that the poisonous bite skill was not categorized as "poison damage" for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ranger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranger   Ranger Empty

Back to top Go down

Ranger
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Guild :: Know your Class-
Jump to: