The Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guild

Website for The Guild on Kithicor Server of Everquest 2

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Em and Dagh's Storm Story

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Embla
Postaholic
Postaholic
Embla

Em and Dagh's Storm Story Empty
PostSubject: Em and Dagh's Storm Story   Em and Dagh's Storm Story EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 9:25 pm

Yes, we're alright...both me and dagh, and the cats Smile

We just got power last night. We've been a little over a week without electricity.

I can tell you that was the most frightening experience of my life. We watched all we could on TV. Friday was still for most of the day. So, we waited and watched the news of it rolling in. The waiting was the worst part. The sky over Galveston island turned bright red, then purple (I can find a picture of that I'm sure on the internet...somewhere). Here it turned a bit pink, before it turned an odd grey/green color that illuminated everything outside. We lost power around 1:15 AM Saturday morning and haven't had all that week until yesterday. The wind that the hurricane brought was eerie. It actually did howl. I'm sure if you've heard that before you know what I'm talking about. And, you could tell it was moving in circles, with all that sound it made. It's hard to describe--but you could hear the cycling. And, I think we had mini tornadoes in our neighborhood at least...only because of the ODD damage us, and our neighbors suffered. So, needless to say, we didn't sleep all night--and all we could see is our big tree's limbs waving in the wind. The cats were beyond scared--and even hissed at Dagh. There were thuds, creaks, all sorts of noises you could imagine. I prayed ALL night that our house would be spared...and stupid me, stayed near the biggest window in our house, just watching our tree's limbs sway. Thankfully, no limbs broke any windows...or hurt me in the process. It's amazing what you do when you're scared.

So, we made it out alive. We've got a few shingles missing...one wall surrounding our patio home has been ripped (literally) out of it's cement foundation, and a rather ODD hole in one of our windows (it's not big but I have NO IDEA how it got there).

Houston is finally coming back to normal also...though there are some road hazards (the light pole at the intersection of the hospital has been split into two...the top half of it is balanced on the road and held up by supportive tape...). We went back to work Tuesday...with no power and a gas shortage due to to power in the city. I spent 2 hours in line waiting to fill up my car with gas that same day. So, it's been crazy.

And, we're now officially suffering from "storm fatigue" as they call it.

But, thankfully we're still here ! And I do thank God and every Saint I prayed to that night. We'll be online again sometime--we've got the rest of this week off (vacation lol Nice time to plan one eh?!) so I'm sure sometime soon we'll log on for some amount of time.

We do miss you all! Thank you for your prayers and well wishes...it really is appreciated. If you need anything, just send me a message on here--I can dole out my email address to anyone who wants it Smile

By the way, Galveston is horribly devastated. Please pray for all the people who lived/live there.

Love,

Em
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Em and Dagh's Storm Story   Em and Dagh's Storm Story EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 2:38 am

Thank God! I was definitely worried... Really glad to know you two are safe Smile
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Has too much time on his/her hands
Has too much time on his/her hands
Jayne

PostSubject: Re: Em and Dagh's Storm Story   Em and Dagh's Storm Story EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 9:16 am

Ah I'm SO glad to hear from you guys. There honestly wasn't a day that went by in guild when someone didn't ask "Anyone hear from Em and Dag?"

We all worried about you two.

And I'm very very glad that my prediction came true -- that it was power outage and nothing more. Hehe, I'll tell my mom her prayers helped Smile

Hugs to you both.
Back to top Go down
Sylvaen
Postaholic
Postaholic
Sylvaen

PostSubject: Re: Em and Dagh's Storm Story   Em and Dagh's Storm Story EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 9:08 pm

Missed you guys.

We were so worried (Wags finger)

As a Catholic all I can say is "How could you guys make us worry so much? Don't you know we love and miss you guys and we were so worried we couldn't sleep for days!"

LOL as a friend - I'm so happy you guys are ok. Hope to see you in game soon Smile
Back to top Go down
Embla
Postaholic
Postaholic
Embla

PostSubject: Re: Em and Dagh's Storm Story   Em and Dagh's Storm Story EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 12:15 am

LOL

Now, we truly do feel both loved, missed, and extremely guilty...even though we had NO ACCESS to electricity to post that we're alright Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Em and Dagh's Storm Story   Em and Dagh's Storm Story Empty

Back to top Go down

Em and Dagh's Storm Story
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Guild :: Insane ramblings of Guild members-
Jump to: