The Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guild

Website for The Guild on Kithicor Server of Everquest 2

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Necromancer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jayne
Has too much time on his/her hands
Has too much time on his/her hands
Jayne

Necromancer Empty
PostSubject: Necromancer   Necromancer EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 4:30 am

Post your Necromancer advice here.
Back to top Go down
Sylvaen
Postaholic
Postaholic
Sylvaen

Necromancer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necromancer   Necromancer EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 5:37 pm

Utilize your AA's to better your pet first before you enhance any other spells. I use the fighter pet most, so I used my AA's to increase his damage absorption, taunt, aoe attacks, etc. This includes your pet heals. It doesn't matter how much damage you can dish out or how much quicker your recast times are, if you have a weak pet you WILL die. Complete the appropriate summoner line for you pet of choice (e.g. fighter = stamina line) and your pet and heal bonuses from the Necromancer lines (e.g. fighter pets get up to a 10% damage absorption). After that, choose accordingly. I went with the Summoner Strength line because I get a "pet dagger", spell crit and parry bonuses (although if I'm parrying it means the wrong person has aggro) and you get to turn your pet into a nuke and blow him up!!. Upgrading your intelligence is also a good idea. So, far this has worked very well for me.

For my deity I chose Innoruuk for a couple of reasons: 1) It makes sense if you roleplay. Prince of hate = Necromancer. 2) The minion of hate familiar you receive after your level 50 deity quest gives stamina and intelligence bonuses. Two important stats for us Necros in my opinion.

Also, NEVER out damage your pet!!! But all of us Necros already know that because we're uber!!!

Those are just my 2 coppers rabbit
Back to top Go down
Dorina
Postaholic
Postaholic

Necromancer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necromancer   Necromancer EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 7:26 pm

I agree with Syl above, tho I made a few different choices. I duo more often than I solo.. (tho lately have been soloing- and dying more heh). I also tend to prefer group play over solo, tho at the lower end nowadays EQ2 is a solofest mostly.

Because of my group/duo pref, I enhanced the pet by going down sta line (havent gotten the last skill yet) and the necro line to give the fighter pet damage absorption, but I also went down the rot tree. I love fast casting/fast acting dots. I do get aggro a lot.. but in a duo with Siliak he just slaps wards on me and I'm cool. When I solo.. yeah I die early and often. Smile But then again I also die because I'm chitchatting with you all. So I can't tell if its my aggro or my general carelessness. afro

Also, I love healing. I'm weird, but I like tossing that transfer health on people and sucking more life from the mob. Because I'm such an aggro whore, if there is one thing that saves me, its the lifetap. Thats my playstyle tho, and is why I couldn't do the conjy.. I need my lifetaps, because I'm just as much of an aggro magnet with her, granted, my conjy has like 5 AAs at lvl 55 because I played her old school pre AA, so I have no real basis for comparison.

As I get into the higher lvls will probably spend a lot more time duoing and grouping, so I'll prolly enhance the heals and dots and other pets more. I play EQ like I live my life, I make it up as I go along....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Necromancer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necromancer   Necromancer Empty

Back to top Go down

Necromancer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Guild :: Know your Class-
Jump to: