The Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guild

Website for The Guild on Kithicor Server of Everquest 2

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No Line on the Horizon -- New U2 CD

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Embla
Postaholic
Postaholic
Embla

No Line on the Horizon -- New U2 CD Empty
PostSubject: No Line on the Horizon -- New U2 CD   No Line on the Horizon -- New U2 CD EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 8:51 pm

Yes, since I'm the quintessential U2 fan, I had to post this. Being a member of u2.com, I get a free listen to the whole U2 cd before it's actually released on March 2nd/3rd. And, yes, I'm spoiled Wink

So, now I'm listening to it...halfway through right now. I will say that it's completely different from any of their other albums...but if you know U2 you know that everyone says that every time they release a new cd. There are a few songs I'm not too crazy about but you will have that with every album. And, with U2, the real fans have to listen to a song at least 4 or 5 times before you can commit to whether you like it or not...it's an absorption process. It's taken me at least 3 replays of Get on Your Boots before I can say it has grown on me. It's got a great guitar riff...and is playful. Right now, halfway through, like I said, I think the best song on the album is Magnificent.

Stand Up Comedy starts out strong...very funky--I could definitely wiggle to it. afro Each song seems reminiscent of another song (i.e. their October years) I remember--either created by them, or by another band from the past. But, you still have Edge's kick arse guitar riffs.

White as Snow has taken some melody off of Emanuel. It was bothering me until I could figure out what it sounded like! Talk about them incorporating their Catholic background!

All in all, dagh's already said he's going to surprise me with it when it hits the stores--not that I'm complaining one bit Razz Although, I may have "Magnificent" on repeat for quite awhile !

Em

"Only love can leave such a mark..." -- Magnificent -- U2
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Has too much time on his/her hands
Has too much time on his/her hands
Jayne

No Line on the Horizon -- New U2 CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Line on the Horizon -- New U2 CD   No Line on the Horizon -- New U2 CD EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 6:47 pm

I like that lyric line .. only love can leave a mark .. hrm, I may just have to buy this cd.
Back to top Go down

No Line on the Horizon -- New U2 CD
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Guild :: Insane ramblings of Guild members-
Jump to: