The Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guild

Website for The Guild on Kithicor Server of Everquest 2

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Introductions

Go down 
+4
Embla
Daolong
Daghda
Admin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 10:35 pm

This is Jayne. I've been playing MMOs only for a short time (relative to most folks) -- starting with Everquest 2 when it debuted. Since then I've tried Vanguard and WoW, but always keep coming back to EQ2. It's like a warm sweater you put on, instantly comforting and familiar.

I work evenings as a journalist, but am hoping to change that (and get a chance at a "normal" life) if I get into teacher's college for next fall. I've been a journalist for 12 years and have lived all over North America. My most favourite city that I've lived in has been Gotham (NYC), but had to move back to Canada because my folks were ill. I actually ran INTO NYC on 9/11 in order to get to work -- against a flow of fleeing screaming people (it was surreal), and walked through and entirely empty Times Square - which was kind of spooky. I think going through that day with the city has bound me to it forever. I miss Gotham daily.

But soon, a new chapter in my life: I'm just excited about getting to teach. Smile Let's hope I get in.
Back to top Go down
Daghda
Quick Learner
Quick Learner

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Intro's   Introductions EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 1:51 pm

I'm Daghda, The Good Dwarf. I'm happily married to the noxious love of my life, Embla. We've been together for 9 years and married for 7 years. We live in Houston, TX. We are the proud servants of two felines: Ranger, the dark and mischievous tabby, and Cookie, a calico goddess among mortals. I work for one of the nations largest distributors of wine and liquor as an account representative for Sam's Club. I work an early shift (5 am - 2pm) so you'll find me online most afternoons and weekends, but never too late into the evening since I rise at 3 am -- Saturday night excluded. My education is in Literature and Philosophy, so if you ever feel like waxing philosophical or explicating a poem feel free to drop me a tell. EQ2 is my first and only online game. I was never the big computer gamer because I couldn't afford a decent computer and high speed internet for most of my life (lol). I have played many RPG's inculding AD&D, Palladium, Magic and Vampire the Masquarade. I started playing EQ2 about 3 years ago -- minus a few breaks of 1-3 months. My retired main is the fabulous sage, Quindilaer (70 Wiz, 70 Sage), but you will find me online mostly with Daghda as I develop him into Druid godhood. My other toons are Caomhin (48 Mystic, 40ish Jeweler) and Badb (16 Necro, 33ish Tailor).
Back to top Go down
Daolong
Postaholic
Postaholic
Daolong

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 7:01 pm

So then-- we don't have to post a picture of ourselves do we? (because if we do, /nude *grin* )

Most of you know me as Shiroi, the "rat ass" of the guild. Contrary to popular belief, I'm actually a kerran monk. (There is no connection between the fur of the two characters, I just like playing things that are far out there) I really like the assassin class and the Ratonga make awesome ones. My favorite class is the monk, though. I just wish Kerran's had a neck, because it looks strange running around semi-hunched over because of the missing neck-bones sony forgot to include.

My name is Ira Lee (no hyphen, but one name.. i blame my parents), but most everyone calls me Ira for short. I'm 24 years old and a Leo. Yes, i'm a bit eccentric and usually fun. I've played video games for as long as I can remember... starting with a computer that some of you may know, an IBM 386sx.... on a game called Snake (and some monkey banana throwing game, similar to Pocket Tanks) with microsoft Q-basic. I think that was even before I got an atari. Anyway, my MMORPG evolution goes as follows: Netstorm, Ultima Online, Asheron's Call, Some Free-VisualBasic game [forgot name], EQ1, EQ2(for 2 weeks, WoW, Ragnarok Online, Rumble Fighter, EQ1(for 2 weeks), and now home to EQ2 .... and I'm sure I'll stay here. Tired of looking for a game that has everything I like, but I'm glad EQ2 does.

About me, I'm currently enlisted in the United States Air Force as a Security Forces (cop) stationed at Vandenberg AirForce Base-CA, and have deployed to the sand box, worked long hours, and generally look forward to the day that I get out of the military (2009). I love graphic design, multimedia, and computers/video-games in general. I plan on making a career out of Programming, and doing graphics etc. on the side. Sometimes your favorite hobby can turn into your job, just keep positive and try hard!

This is getting too long for a reply-esque post, so I'll wrap it up in 2 lines:

Yes, I am, indeed, awesome.
Hi, I'm Ira-nice to meet you.
Back to top Go down
Embla
Postaholic
Postaholic
Embla

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 12:04 am

I'm Embla but my real name is Katrina (yes, I know everyone thinks hurricane now when they see that name, BUT I had that name first thank you very much!). I'm married to the short stumpy dwarf otherwise known to everyone as Daghda. See his post for how long we've been married, etc Razz I hate repeating things. Oh, and most people call me Kat.

I majored in literature (just like Dagh and that's where we met--in class) but like every English major, I found the degree is usually not useful unless you want to be a teacher. But, I love books so Razz

I work in a hospital (no, not as a nurse). My job's sort of complicated but let's just say I audit the people who do the background checking and credentialing (making sure the docs, etc KNOW what they're doing to patients before they touch them AND how to do it without killing somebody) of the physicians and allied health professionals (nurses, surgical assistants, etc) we work with. I just got certified last month (WOOT!).

Anything else you wanna know, just ask.

Oh, and I'm completely obsessed with U2 Shocked
Back to top Go down
StarkMadness
Quick Learner
Quick Learner
StarkMadness

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Army of Starkness   Introductions EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 12:58 am

Howdy everyone. I am Stark. The piggies refer to me as "Legion," but that is another story.

I life in the Houston area *tips cowboi hat to Dag and Em*. I do phone customer service, generally calming down pissed off people who are being screwed and convincing them to pay money that they legally owe, but that no one with any morals would normally make them pay. This is my life's calling.

I have been into RPGs since Dragon Warrior I, and will not bog down server space naming all the games I've played. Suffice it to say that I could, if necessary, qualify myself as a member of the nerd gaming elite. This would, of course, be pompous and unnecessary, as I'm sure you will find that I am neither, as well as not self-centered, obnoxious, long-winded, heartless, or overly concerned with my image.

I am, however, afflicted with Starkosis (obsession with playing any and all manner of subclasses and combinations of character types), and possessed of a hovering starkasm, as Donev has coined it.

Basically, only take me seriously if what I'm saying correlates with my HP/Power bars, or if my clothes are on fire and I am asking for water.

See you in game.

[Edit]

PS, Ira IS A FREAKING FURRY, don't let him lie to you.
Back to top Go down
Daolong
Postaholic
Postaholic
Daolong

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 5:13 pm

Quote :
PS, Ira IS A FREAKING FURRY, don't let him lie to you.

I shall rain smashing fists upon you for revealing the truth. >.<
Back to top Go down
Roaithoak
Quick Learner
Quick Learner

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 2:43 am

Hey, My name is Dan. Im a student at a small college in upstate New York. I'm a business major and I play football. I have a pretty wide range of interests. I've been playing mmo's since eq1 as well as well as so many other vid games. I also like to read and write. To wrap up my odd assortment of interests, I greatly enjoy camping and fishing.

I'm extremely restless while being extemely complacent. Make sense? It wont, a lot of what I say doesnt and is usually random. I'm afflicted with a strong case of wonderlust. Therefore, I will sail around the world, find bigfoot, and potentially climb a mountain of sorts before I die. I'm deeply interested in finding depth in life, whether that is watching stars or hearing someone else tell me what they think the meaning of life is.

So enjoy the world, let the world enjoy you, and find the place where you can make piece with the stars.

Carpe Diem,

Roaithoak
Back to top Go down
Daghda
Quick Learner
Quick Learner

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 1:43 pm

StarkMadness wrote:
Howdy everyone. I am Stark. The piggies refer to me as "Legion," but that is another story.

I life in the Houston area *tips cowboi hat to Dag and Em*.

Oh dear God, I hope my address isn't posted anywhere.

What part of town are you in?

And yes, Ira is a furry. I saw his tail...and the videos on youtube.
Back to top Go down
Sylvaen
Postaholic
Postaholic
Sylvaen

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 3:23 am

Hi guys, this is Sylvaen. Really wierd using this name on the forums since I'm a guy but oh well. In real life people call me many different names since my parents thought 8 letters wasn't enough. But Card for short is fine. I live in the central coast of California, I'm originally from Los Angeles. I spent a total of 16 years in the Air Force (10 active/6 reserve) as a cop. The last 8 years I've been a government contractor fixing the alarms the Air Force cops break (the irony). I've travelled alot in my time in the military (Middle East of course), my favorite place being Northern Greenland. I also spent time in the Azores where I shot a cow and almost got banned from the islands (True story).

As a civilian, I kind of work for Daolong and Dissdain - they're the unhappy Air Force customers with ridiculous expections - "What do you mean that 5 feet of wire can't reach to the top of that 15 foot pole?".

I love reading and writing (just for fun). I grew up on Edgar Allan Poe and Stephen King (go figure). But now, I enjoy R.A. Salvatore, Terry Goodkind, and anything dealing with the Star Wars Universe ("Can you believe Jacen is now Darth Caedus?")

My MMO addiction started in 2001 with DAoC and my Norseman Thane Marzinkk. (I miss him)

I am 35 (36 next month) going on 5 and the biggest smart a** in the world (just ask Dao). But I'm easy-going and make friends with everyone. I'm a big animal lover with two kids (cats) at home.

My name is Sylvaen, and I'm a Dark Elf Necromancer in drag...what's your game? (Cheap WoW commercial rip-off geek )
Back to top Go down
Dorina
Postaholic
Postaholic

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 2:13 pm

I'm Dorina, real name is Jana (Hence my shadowknight, Anaj...). I have no idea why I love the name Dorina for a dark elf.. but my beloved DE necro in EQ1 was Dorina, so I carried it over.

I have a long life story.. at one point someone wanted me to write a book. Maybe someday. But condensed version is I was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma (a really nastily malignant bone cancer) in my left arm at age 10. I was playing on an exercise machine and pulled my shoulder. It hurt, swelled, 2 doctors said pulled muscle, it got the size of a grapefruit and hard as a rock; finally Dr #3 took an X-ray and said "Oy!". I was whisked into Baylor medical center in Dallas at about 7pm for an emergency biopsy that night. It was very advanced cancer by then.

They toyed with limb salvage, but it was too far advanced. I had the entire arm amputated about a week after diagnosis. Not a lot of time to think about it, and as a 10 year old with that infamous faith of a child - my biggest concern was how I was going to tear toilet paper off the roll with only one hand. (Its easy in retrospect but takes some mad wrist skillz). Luckily, it had not spread. Of course as a precaution I underwent chemotherapy for about 15 months. Chemotherapy in 1982 was barbaric. I chuckle now when I see commercials for drugs aimed at chemo patients that say "Are you tired?" Lets just say being tired was the least of my problems.

I somehow survived, however. My parents sold the house and bought a house in the country and got me a horse and a swimming pool because they thought I was not going to see my 12th birthday. But I made it, and by the time I was 15 they realized they couldnt afford the taxes on the house with the land so we sold the house and the horses and moved back to town. Heh.

I was/am obsessed with "Why did this happen".. but not in the way most people stricken with maladies are. I literally asked "Why?".. Biochemically that is. I wanted to break the human body up into its molecular and chemical pieces and find sense in it all. So began my love of Biology. I graduated college with a BS in Biology with a Chemistry minor in 1994.

This is hopelessly long.. so I'll skim over the part where the professor told me I couldnt work in a lab with one hand, I got depressed, dropped out, dabbled in computer science, telephone customer service and tech support, retail and banking. In 2005 I decided I'd grown big enough balls to come back to science. Also in the interim I met and married Siliak and moved to the Gulf Coast. So, to make the long story shorter I busted ass to get back into grad school somewhere local. That means Marine Biology.. but luckily they have a need for a molecular biologist here in the worst way. So, I'm in that niche at the moment. My thesis just got moved back to the molecular biology of a shrimp RNA virus since that grant came back.

Virology is a great way to dissect the nuts and bolts of RNA/DNA and how it really works. Its akin to a subroutine or package in computer programming.. instructions without the OS. So its easy to assign functionality to it and learn from there. I love viruses, and I love hacking the "code" of life itself. But I don't have a God complex.. nooooo. *nods*

Probably why I should be worshipping Bertox.
Back to top Go down
Dorina
Postaholic
Postaholic

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 2:17 pm

Roaithoak wrote:
I'm extremely restless while being extemely complacent.

Actually, that makes perfect sense. I am exactly the same way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Empty

Back to top Go down

Introductions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Guild :: Insane ramblings of Guild members-
Jump to: