The Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guild

Website for The Guild on Kithicor Server of Everquest 2

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Poll on text speak!

Go down 
5 posters

Does the use of text-speak (u, ur, wat, plz, etc) negatively influence your opinion of a person's intelligence?
Yes
Poll on text speak! Vote_lcap80%Poll on text speak! Vote_rcap
 80% [ 8 ]
No
Poll on text speak! Vote_lcap20%Poll on text speak! Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Dorina
Postaholic
Postaholic

Poll on text speak! Empty
PostSubject: Poll on text speak!   Poll on text speak! EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 4:57 pm

Just for kicks. I am not sure of the best way to get demographic data attached to the answers, so we'll just say yes or no.. feel free to post your thoughts on the topic and age too.

Yeah, we are a small, very biased cohort group here Smile
Back to top Go down
Annabergite
Quick Learner
Quick Learner
Annabergite

PostSubject: hmm   Poll on text speak! EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 8:53 pm

Just as an aside,

It not only affects my view of a persons intelligence, but I find myself using text speak when I want to sound as if I were stupid. I realized that as I answered the question.

A
Back to top Go down
Daolong
Postaholic
Postaholic
Daolong

PostSubject: Re: Poll on text speak!   Poll on text speak! EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 9:47 pm

I would definitely say that when I see/hear/read people using text-speak, it causes me to make snap judgements. The thing with me, though, is that I may make a judgement but I never give much weight to it. We're all wrong at times.

As for ages, I'd say that the younger generation these days (10-19) tend to enjoy the improper look of the words and the speed used to communicate with them. It's almost like they don't appreciate real english? (or conversations for that matter)

Either way, if I decide to sound like a fluff, I just whip out the zOMg liek u no wut i r seyin? pl0x dun tell n e 1 kkthxbai!!!!

Just like a tire-iron, it serves it's purpose yet other people find more ways to use it than intended.
Back to top Go down
StarkMadness
Quick Learner
Quick Learner
StarkMadness

PostSubject: Re: Poll on text speak!   Poll on text speak! EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 12:41 am

I'm pretty much with Anna on this. I think it's great when it's tongue
in cheek, 'cause it makes me laugh with a little vomit thrown in there.
Back to top Go down
Embla
Postaholic
Postaholic
Embla

PostSubject: Re: Poll on text speak!   Poll on text speak! EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 9:19 am

My response...on other thread where this was mentioned Razz

I'm too lazy to copy and paste tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poll on text speak!   Poll on text speak! Empty

Back to top Go down

Poll on text speak!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Guild :: Insane ramblings of Guild members-
Jump to: