The Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guild

Website for The Guild on Kithicor Server of Everquest 2

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official: What are you listening to now?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gavins

Gavins

The Official: What are you listening to now? Empty
PostSubject: The Official: What are you listening to now?   The Official: What are you listening to now? EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 9:12 am

Title says it all, I find it interesting to see what type of music everyone likes. I mostly listen to Indie and Modern rock myself.

The following video is from Paolo Nutini - Jenny don't be hasty

I think what the guy looks like is what shocked me the most, didn't fit with the music when I heard it the first time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBBKZ3i-_9I

I really like this other song of his also!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZwWIC19UlE
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Has too much time on his/her hands
Jayne

PostSubject: Re: The Official: What are you listening to now?   The Official: What are you listening to now? EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 1:44 pm

I'm listening to the Barstool Prophets atm -- an Ottawa band that I adore:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEYfLwGPnGg
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Jayne

PostSubject: Re: The Official: What are you listening to now?   The Official: What are you listening to now? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 3:56 pm

I love all this woman's music: (once you get beyond the chatter at the beginning) -- Kathleen Edwards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obcYbQmgtno
Back to top Go down
Gavins

Gavins

PostSubject: Re: The Official: What are you listening to now?   The Official: What are you listening to now? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 4:55 pm

I like it.
Back to top Go down
Sylvaen
Postaholic
Postaholic
Sylvaen

PostSubject: Re: The Official: What are you listening to now?   The Official: What are you listening to now? EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 1:58 am

I'm still stuck in the 90's for the most part.

In my car CD Player I have Ramstein, KMFDM, Stone Temple Pilots, Collective Soul, Nirvana, Soundgarden and Kelly Clarkson (Bet you didn't see that one coming).

I pretty much listen to anything and everything depending on my mood. I've been known to play Metallica, Utah Saints and the Spice Girls right after each other. (Yes, I own all the Spice Girls CDs rabbit )

S.T.P. is my favorite, I got a chance to see them in a club a long time ago when they went by the name Mighty Joe Young.

Sorry Jayne, I do not own any Nickelback, Duran Duran or Rick Astley CDs but I still remember the words to Ice Ice Baby (yea, I'm a nerd lol)
Back to top Go down
Gavins

Gavins

PostSubject: Re: The Official: What are you listening to now?   The Official: What are you listening to now? EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 9:24 am

I'm not so much stuck in the 90s but it was a huge era for me to, as with most since I think we are close to the same age. Some older bands off the top of my head that I still have fondness for (even if they are no longer)

Pearl Jam (godly)
Toadies
Collective Soul
Smashing Pumpkins
Stone Temple Pilots
Rage Against The Machine
They Might Be Giants
Sublime
The Urge (local)
NIN
Red Hot Chili Peppers (who doesnt?)
Soundgarden

Sylvaen you listen to the Spice Girls ... have their CDs... Sad

Back to top Go down
Sylvaen
Postaholic
Postaholic
Sylvaen

PostSubject: Re: The Official: What are you listening to now?   The Official: What are you listening to now? EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 10:53 pm

I liked the Smashing Pumpkins until I saw them live at Dodger Stadium and they were awful live. Then again, Kiss was the headliner and those guys can rock live, even if they are 100. Some other bands I listened to in the 90's was:

Front 242
Hole
EMF
Radiohead
Soundgarden
Jesus Jones (1 hit wonder)
REM

I think the Spice Girls were a guilty pleasure for alot of people. And I still sing along to "A Groove is in the Heart".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJH2ubVZj2o
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Jayne

PostSubject: Re: The Official: What are you listening to now?   The Official: What are you listening to now? EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 1:58 am

I giggle wildly every time I picture Sylvaen doing the cabbage patch to "If you wanna be my lover, gotta get with my friends ..."

lmao
Back to top Go down
Gavins

Gavins

PostSubject: Re: The Official: What are you listening to now?   The Official: What are you listening to now? EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 7:56 am

Jayne wrote:
I giggle wildly every time I picture Sylvaen doing the cabbage patch to "If you wanna be my lover, gotta get with my friends ..."

lmao

How exactly does one do the cabbage patch.

You know what I saw the Smashing Pumpkins live myself, I think it was in 1996. And I have to agree they weren't that great live. Of course I saw NIN the same month, and that was a pretty crazy show. I think the only reason I name the pumpkins is just from the short run of nostalgia I got from them. Really brings me back!

I liked Radio Head and REM also, could never really get into HOLE however!
Back to top Go down
Sylvaen
Postaholic
Postaholic
Sylvaen

PostSubject: Re: The Official: What are you listening to now?   The Official: What are you listening to now? EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 11:39 pm

Smashing Pumpkins had good songs, they just weren't a good live show.

As for the Cabbage Patch, imagine someone having a seizure.

And I can picture Jayne doing the Running Man to the Canadian version of Vanilla Ice -

SNOW performing INFORMER!!! afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official: What are you listening to now?   The Official: What are you listening to now? Empty

Back to top Go down

The Official: What are you listening to now?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Guild :: Insane ramblings of Guild members-
Jump to: