The Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guild

Website for The Guild on Kithicor Server of Everquest 2

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guild Fight Night

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sylvaen
Postaholic
Postaholic
Sylvaen

Guild Fight Night Empty
PostSubject: Guild Fight Night   Guild Fight Night EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 8:37 am

I would like to set up a guild fight night for several reasons:

1) To pwn Shiroi - who will be fighting as 'Mr. Awesome' clown
2) To beat the crap put of the guildie that annoys you
3) To watch Dorina unleash her disease spreading Shrimp across Norrath Evil or Very Mad
4) But most importantly to do something different.

I would like everyones input whether you intend to participate or just watch. Here's what I would like input on:

A) Type of contest.

At the moment, I would like a capture the flag style event. I think with this style we can have alot of participation. Dueling can be done anywhere so I would like to keep away from that but in the end it's what the guild wants.

B) Avatars

I would like to use the Arena pets (I think you can fight without them). It be nice to use those other than just having them clutter our houses.

C) Prizes

We can go many ways here. I need to discuss it with the boss (Miss J) but maybe we can set aside a guild rank for the winners (e.g. The Guild Champion(s)). We can also do the obvious and give Arena Pets.

D) Frequency

As anything in life, things can get old if you do it too often. I was thinking of doing it monthly. We can do it weekly or quarterly also.

E) Name

Like with any fight night, we need a ridiculous name. I propose: The Guild Fight Night I: Utter Chaos. It has to be cheesy and over the top.

F) Time

When is a good time. We all have different schedules and unfortunately may not be able to accomodate everyone, but if we can get a time when most of us can be on it would be as Shiroi would say "Awesome"

I look forward to hearing everyone's ideas. Once I get the input I will set up a poll to finalize what we will do Smile I would like to hold the first fight night at the end of this month or early next month.

Thanks,
Syl
Back to top Go down
Dorina
Postaholic
Postaholic

Guild Fight Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Fight Night   Guild Fight Night EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 6:32 pm

Hehe.. so.. where can I find a crustacean or arthopod arena pet!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Has too much time on his/her hands
Jayne

Guild Fight Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Fight Night   Guild Fight Night EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 7:48 pm

I love this. I will totally play when you do it. Prepare to have your flag stolen before you even realize it! hehe. Ah it reminds me of childhood. Very Happy

I also think initially we should use the supplied arena pets. The prize? Winner gets opposing team's pets and the monthly title under their name as GUILD CHAMPION!!

Or we could look at other prizes .. maybe others have ideas?

As for time .. hrm .. that one will be difficult. Saturdays are HQ days and we're checking times for what time works for our casual raids .. mid-week would be nice, but likely I'm working all the time .. but don't change things just for me. Maybe we can swap out one Saturday a month for the arena battle -- seeing as you're thinking of running it monthly only?

And keep the name -- it's brilliant! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sylvaen
Postaholic
Postaholic
Sylvaen

Guild Fight Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Fight Night   Guild Fight Night EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 6:00 pm

Monthly for now and see if people want to do it more often or less often.

As for the pets. Everyone should have the Aviak and there's some you can buy. I don't know if there is any advantage to one pet over the other.
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Jayne

Guild Fight Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Fight Night   Guild Fight Night EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 12:26 am

Sylvaen wrote:
I don't know if there is any advantage to one pet over the other.

There is. Each behaves according to classes -- scout, fighter, mage and priest -- and each has its own weaknesses/strengths.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guild Fight Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Fight Night   Guild Fight Night Empty

Back to top Go down

Guild Fight Night
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Guild :: Announcements-
Jump to: