The Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guild

Website for The Guild on Kithicor Server of Everquest 2

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Dictionary Game

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jayne
Has too much time on his/her hands
Jayne

The Dictionary Game Empty
PostSubject: The Dictionary Game   The Dictionary Game EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 6:46 pm

RULES: Very simple. The winner picks an odd word and participants try to make up definitions to that word. Usually the wittiest/smartass definition wins, but it's up the the winner to determine the next winner (am I making sense?).

So lets say I offer a word for ya'll to write a definition, and Sylvaen comes up with a witty answer and wins the round, he next picks a new word and we all compete with our various definitions -- and the torch gets passed along.

You are NOT allowed to look up the word in a dictionary. You must make a leap of faith and invent your own definition.

At the end of the judging, the new word-giver will give the official definition of the word and announce the new winner.

Most of all .. have fun with it Smile
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Jayne

PostSubject: Re: The Dictionary Game   The Dictionary Game EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 6:53 pm

Ok folks, take a stab at:

Importunate
Back to top Go down
Sylvaen
Postaholic
Postaholic
Sylvaen

PostSubject: Re: The Dictionary Game   The Dictionary Game EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 2:43 am

Importunate - A 'Bushism' meaning to make important.

e.g. "I asked Congress to importunate the tax relief bill for oil companies so our profits will grow."
Back to top Go down
Donev
NooBZ
NooBZ

PostSubject: Re: The Dictionary Game   The Dictionary Game EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 3:57 am

Importunate - to render financially destitute; see also Enbroktify.
Back to top Go down
Daolong
Postaholic
Postaholic
Daolong

PostSubject: Re: The Dictionary Game   The Dictionary Game EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 10:46 pm

Importunate:

"To have a degree of importance during moments when said item is fortunate enough to be mentioned."

Example: The Technical Sergeant addressed the Senior Airman by his first name, during a meeting with higher ranking personnel- the airman was still not allowed to speak (despite being more informed than the Tech. Sergeant)."
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Jayne

PostSubject: Re: The Dictionary Game   The Dictionary Game EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 2:56 am

Aha! well maybe future rounds will generate more play ... but let's look at this week's submissions:

The word was Importunate -- it's real meaning:

1.urgent or persistent in solicitation, sometimes annoyingly so.
2.pertinacious, as solicitations or demands.
3.troublesome; annoying: importunate demands from the children for attention.

Sylvaen submitted:

Importunate - A 'Bushism' meaning to make important.

e.g. "I asked Congress to importunate the tax relief bill for oil companies so our profits will grow."

Not a bad stab at it Sylvaen, you are awarded the shiny glittery Shrub award. So now you'll be prepared for when someone yells "BRING ME A SHRUBBERY!"

Next up is Ira's submission:

Importunate:

"To have a degree of importance during moments when said item is fortunate enough to be mentioned."

Example: The Technical Sergeant addressed the Senior Airman by his first name, during a meeting with higher ranking personnel- the airman was still not allowed to speak (despite being more informed than the Tech. Sergeant)."

Again, not bad, not bad at all! Smile Ira wins the "get me the hell out of work for the day" award. Congratz! Use it wisely.

But the winner this week, (anyhow), is Donev for this stab:

Importunate - to render financially destitute; see also Enbroktify.

I think the use of the word enbroktify nudged it over the top and into first place.

Congratz Donev! You may now pick the next word.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dictionary Game   The Dictionary Game Empty

Back to top Go down

The Dictionary Game
Page 1 of 1