The Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guild

Website for The Guild on Kithicor Server of Everquest 2

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paladin

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Paladin Empty
PostSubject: Paladin   Paladin EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 3:35 pm

Pallys are fun to play but can be pretty complicated with Sony always adjusting their spells.

As tanks...equipment makes all the world of difference. Make sure you get the best mitigation you can (for tanking or soloing) and concentrate on str, sta, agi, and wis. When your level gets higher find equipment that has plenty of hate gain. For main tanking./soloing find the best shield and one handed weapon you can. For assisting find the best two-hander..I also carry separate armor and have created macros for solo/tanking and assisting stuff...(my assist stuff has way less mit but has a lot more combat damage,spell damage and stuff like that)

Pallys are split because of their healing capabilities and aa's can be used to maximize tanking, healing, or damage(although they can not do as much damage as some dps classes by no means)...but healing can be hard way to go because pallys burn mana like crazy; so, make sure you take advantage of power regen totems, good food, and potions. I found it exceptionally helpful to be a tinkerer and take advantage of feign death and overclocked manastones.

AA lines (get a aa mirror made)

I am by no means a pally expert...this is just what I use to get the most damage...not necessarily the best for tanking...still working on a nice combo for that...

Crusader(tried to get most crit chance stuff)

strength 4,4,8,6
agility 4,4,8
stamina 4,4,8
intelligence 4,4,7

suppose I could tweek that further for assisting tank and getting rid of more hate gain and putting one more into intelligence

For Pally aa

again for damage
hero - all 5 and 1 in hero
(could probably tweek this a bit and put more in wraths)
wrath -4 in the first and 5's in rest 1 in smite evil
support - 4 righteous weapon,5 castigation
healing - 3 holy aid, 2 prayer, 5 prayer of amelioration

Shadows...
so far I only have 10pts and they are in power and health

I found a lot of helpful information on eq2flames.com...as with any toon whatever you find to be the most fun way to play is all that really matters so experiment and have a good time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sylvaen
Postaholic
Postaholic
Sylvaen

Paladin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paladin   Paladin EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:31 am

Nice write-up kemi
Back to top Go down

Paladin
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum