The Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guild

Website for The Guild on Kithicor Server of Everquest 2

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Country coastal life...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dorina
Postaholic
Postaholic

Country coastal life... Empty
PostSubject: Country coastal life...   Country coastal life... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 9:39 pm

Country coastal life... Photo10

Sil got home and said "You HAVE to see this". So I look out the back porch window and there is a PELICAN on the porch.

Hes huge.. and I'm sure he rode a southerly wind up (we are 10 miles north of the beach) and found nice juicy fish to eat in our pond.

Now he is roosting. On the deck rail. (!) We can get right up to him and he just waddles a few inches away.

Annie cat was curious but she scooted away when he moved. heh.
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Has too much time on his/her hands
Has too much time on his/her hands
Jayne

PostSubject: Re: Country coastal life...   Country coastal life... EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 4:47 am

Hahah Kitty doesn't quite know what to think eh?
Back to top Go down
Dorina
Postaholic
Postaholic

PostSubject: Re: Country coastal life...   Country coastal life... EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 4:34 pm

Country coastal life... Photo310

So, Bird-brain found the pond. He's swimming around in it like a damn duck. Oh, when we walk out there.. he takes off toward us, like "Gimme some food!"

I bet he is tame from hanging out at the pier taking handouts from fishermen. Shrimpers, in particular, often toss their bycatch at the docks to crowds of eager dolphins, seagulls, and pelicans.. all of whome become amazingly tame.

Beautiful isn't he/she? I can see how a pelican resembles a buzzard whose DNA went awry...perhaps this one will try to hook up with one of the wild turkey clans that run around here. Pelikeys!
Back to top Go down
Daolong
Postaholic
Postaholic
Daolong

PostSubject: Re: Country coastal life...   Country coastal life... EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 2:29 pm

He/she looks so angry... look at the emotion in the eyes!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Country coastal life...   Country coastal life... Empty

Back to top Go down

Country coastal life...
Page 1 of 1