The Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guild

Website for The Guild on Kithicor Server of Everquest 2

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A day in my life

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jayne
Has too much time on his/her hands
Jayne

A day in my life Empty
PostSubject: A day in my life   A day in my life EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 1:04 am

I really liked Dori's posting about her office and what she did so I decided to do one of my own -- a kind of day in my life/what do I do?

First off I get in my little car and revv the engine up to ... well you can see the speed :

A day in my life Speed10

You better get out of my way if I'm coming up behind you ... hehe.

Then after about 30 minutes of continuous driving I see this:

A day in my life Drivei10
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Jayne

A day in my life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day in my life   A day in my life EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 1:07 am

When I get to my desk it looks like this -- the orange and yellow boxes you see are ads, the white space is the area we design and build into, to make readable and edit it to add photos and stories for you to read:

A day in my life Worksc10

Then I check the office to see who's working (which will tell me if i'm gonna have a crappy or good night -- thankfully Kevin is working city desk tonight so it looks like a good night ahead):

A day in my life Office10

Last edited by Jayne on Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Jayne

A day in my life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day in my life   A day in my life EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 1:11 am

Then I check photo to see who's on (please note how many boys you see in all these pictures compared to how many women you see, cough Rolling Eyes ):

A day in my life Photo10

Then I get to work:

A day in my life Mework10

And I don't get up from that position for about 7 straight hours -- no dinner break, but yes the occasional voyage outside for a ciggie or skulking off to the bathroom for a super speedy visit (if you've grouped with me, you know I pee fast, this is why).
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Jayne

A day in my life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day in my life   A day in my life EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 1:14 am

By the end of the evening after editing and designing and nagging and begging for copy and bribing with chocolate to get stories sooner, I get a page that looks like this (please note the universal message that was sent out by a fellow editor here at top of the screen, that I keep there to remind me):

A day in my life Daywor10

Then it's time for the long drive home -- and yes, even at 11 pm at night we have traffic Neutral So I sit in that for about an hour and then finally log onto EQ:

A day in my life Dayhom10

And that's a glimpse into my day. Now someone else go, I love seeing glimpses of folks' lives. Go on! Do it!
Back to top Go down
Daolong
Postaholic
Postaholic
Daolong

A day in my life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day in my life   A day in my life EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 9:46 pm

It's scarey because you're actually TAKING a picture while driving that fast.... o.O

On another note, I would do a day into my life, but since I'm military... I really can't show much of anything past me coming onto base, due to classification etc. Sad

We'll see what I come up with though (you may see rare shots of Sylvaen, Dissdain, and/or Rynak [who's loser ass went back to mainly play World of SuckassCraft]).
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Jayne

A day in my life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day in my life   A day in my life EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 12:45 am

Pssst Ira .. that's in Kilometres .. not miles Smile
Back to top Go down
StarkMadness
Quick Learner
Quick Learner
StarkMadness

A day in my life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day in my life   A day in my life EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 1:05 am

Oh yeah, I see the smaller miles on your speedo (I wish *cough*).
Back to top Go down
Sylvaen
Postaholic
Postaholic
Sylvaen

A day in my life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day in my life   A day in my life EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 9:16 pm

Hey Ira, do what the military does. Black out the classified (Including Dissdain's face). I think he's Spec Ops.

Where's the hidden guild chat on your work computer J.?
Back to top Go down
Gavins

Gavins

A day in my life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day in my life   A day in my life EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 11:42 am

This is actually a cool idea, everyone should do it. Interesting to see where everyone comes from, even if its Canada...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A day in my life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day in my life   A day in my life Empty

Back to top Go down

A day in my life
Page 1 of 1